The Princess Bride has got to be one of the funniest movies of all time. If you’ve never be juvenile enough to watch it, the plot is your basic save-the-princess romp with every cliche imaginable refined to perfection. It is definitely worth seeing if you have somehow missed it.
In honor of the film’s 25th anniversary, I have put together a little Princess Bride inspired bucket list.
15. Roll down a massive hill.
14. Hide a secret lab inside a fake tree.
13. Jump out of a window onto the back of a horse.
12. Put a giant in a sleeper hold.
11. Kill a rodent of unusual size with my bare hands.
10. Find a good use for a holocaust cloak.
9. Free climb a sheer cliff.
8. Start a “Dread Pirate Roberts” franchise.
7. Have fun storming a castle.
6. Tell someone at a funeral, “Don’t think of your friend as being dead. He’s only mostly dead.” Then start selling chocolate-covered walnuts.
5. Develop an immunity to some obscure poison
4. Pause in the middle of a sword fight and dramatically declare, “I am not left-handed!”
3. Open a wedding with “Marwage. Marwage is what bwrings us here togetwer toodawy.”
2. Walk up to a total stranger and say, “Hello, My name is Inigo Montonya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!”
1. Get my beloved to humbly submit to my every whim replying simply, “as you wish.”